Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hatta continues and I'm going to see if I can get more than one picture in this post......

Well it looks like I've added more than one picture but I got two of one picture, oh my I'll have to see if I can get it out.  I'm using Photoshop to do this.  it is much more labor intensive to do than Picasa.  But this will teach me how to use Photoshop also.  I have been told that IPhoto does the resizing also but I haven't found that feature yet.  
 
If you look at the road  and notice all the lights that are one the road.  If your lights in your car didn't work at night you could just drive by the light of the lamp post and do just fine.  I'm not sure why every road in Abu Dhabi has lamps all along every road here but I'm taking a guess the answer would be so that you would see the camels on the road at night maybe???? There is a sign that is famous to UAE roads and I says,"beware of road surprises".  It doesn't tell you what the surprise is, I guess it wouldn't be a surprise if they told you on the sign so what ever the surprise is undoubtingly surprising to the average driver.  


The sand dunes are really very pretty.  The pictures from the car that is going 150klm doesn't do justice to the many different colors the sand is.  
This area is where a lot of sand dune bashing companies take their clients to ride 4 wheelers and such. You can see lots of tracks in the sand.
I'm going to comment on this picture as well..... Do you see the sand drifting on the side of the cement barrier? When we have our shmauls (dust storms) the road is sometimes covered in sand that is going back and forth in the roads.  Kind of like a snow storm,  but not cold. ha

2 comments:

Roberts Family said...

Hi Shari, thank you for your nice welcome and thank you for taking good care of my hubby. I know he enjoyed having a real Sunday dinner and nice company. We are so excited to be there and start this new adventure in our lives! I was so excited to learn that there would be a Ward there, it totally changed my outlook. I actually learned of you and Terri from Erin Allen who is a friend of someone in my ward here. Small Mormon world. So I have been spying on yours and Terri's blogs for a while:). Thanks again and can't wait to meet all of you.
Ellie

Brenda said...

I finally found your blog! :) WOW!!! That sand is amazing! I'd agree with you - the pictures don't quite do the colors justice! Those sand storms must be amazing!