Saturday, January 3, 2009

My gardner man Brisher

AKA - Silver Back.  My friend Mohamed told me one day that the gardner in the area where I lived didn't like the way I took care of my garden and the plants.  He said everything would die if I didn't stop watering them so much.  So I told him to come and take care of them then. He smiled and said he would be back tomorrow.  He came with his dust (sand) and his tools to get to work the next morning.  He proceed to repot everything and mix all the dust together along with my dirt.  He mixed and talked to the  and and got everything the way he wanted it and smiled at me.  He doesn't speak any english at all.  I realized the chocolate is an international word and everyone knows what that is.  He smiled when I gave him chocolate each day that he came and he seemed to be pleased with him self and his work.  After about the 4th day he didn't want any more chocolate and pointed to his mouth .  I figured his rotten teeth had had enough.  So he accepted a soda?????  On Thanksgiving Day he came and cleaned and hung up lights in the garden for the party that we were having that night with the people from the office.  He could see that it was going to be a big party with lots of guests.  He left for about 15 minutes and came back carrying a hand full of bright pink petunias that were in bloom with the dust in his hands and carried it through the house to the garden to get a pot and potted me a hand full of flowers for the front door.  It was such a nice gesture for him to do that.  I was touched by his kindness.  The little bit of money that I pay him helps support his family in his country.

No comments: